Versions Compared


  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.


At the School of Art and Design access rights might be needed for using some of the facilities and equipment. The access rights can be applied for from by contacting the responsible unit.

At the Schools of Technology JOO students do not generally need specific access rights or keycards. If the need arises, please contact the Student Services of the school in question.


JOO students enrol as attending students in Aalto University and register for courses and exams. As a rule, registration for courses and exams is done in WebOodi. Courses and exams have registration periods, which may vary slightly. Please check WebOodi for course-specific information about registering. You should also see the school’s Into site for more information about registering for courses and for other study-related guidelines and information. You will find the school’s page through Into’s the main page : click the of the student website Into ( Click the drop-down menu Bachelor and Master’s students and choose the school. Some of the courses may have a quota on JOO students and/or may have an exam before the course begins. A right to study does not necessarily guarantee admission to the course.

The Without logging in, you can see the course information can be seen in WebOodi without logging in. To be able to register for courses and exams, you will need to log in using your Aalto username and password. The address of Aalto University’s WebOodi can be found in the address WebOodi is


Students are responsible for enrolling for the academic year, and it is not possible to study without enrolling. JOO students' As a JOO student, your first enrolment has been done for them you, when their your right to study begins. If the right to study is valid longer, the student you must remember to enrol for each academic year. You can contact the Student Services of the school and enrol by phone, email or in person during the enrolment period.

Duration of the study right

A JOO study right is valid for a limited time. Aalto University uses certain principles, based on the amount of ECTS credits granted, when determining the length of the study right. If your home university has approved a shorter period, Aalto University complies with this decision. Students can only participate in those courses which they have a study right for.

Please note that also all exams must be completed while your right to study is valid. Once your study right expires, it is not possible to complete any studies. If you wish to continue your JOO studies, you need to apply again within Aalto University’s application periods.


Students are responsible for transferring the credits they have completed at Aalto University to their home university. The transfer is done by following the instructions of the home university.

An official electronic transcript of records needed for the transfer may be ordered through WebOodi. The electronic transcript of records is a PDF document equipped with a digital signature to confirm its authenticity and integrity. Digital signatures are replacing handwritten signatures and stamps. The electronic transcript of records may be ordered through WebOodi. The file will be ready for downloading to your device about 15 minutes after placing the order. 
The electronic transcript should be a valid alternative in all situations where signed and stamped paper transcripts are used. Whatever the transaction, if the party concerned If the home university does not accept your digitally signed document, you may request a signed and stamped paper transcript from an Aalto student services deskStudent Services. 

Do you also need a certificate stating that the studies completed in Aalto University form a minor or other study module at Aalto University?


In other Aalto Schools: please contact the department in question or the Student Services of the school. Contact information for the Planning Officer, Study Coordinator or Amanuensis of the department or degree programme can be found in Into (Into main page → Bachelor and Master’s Students → School → Department/Programme).